CRB POLICY: All actors at Past Productions have full CRB checks. These will be with 'Actors' and are available upon request at any production. Should you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to call the office.
INSURANCE: Past Productions is covered by Public Liability and Employer Liability. Please contact us if you require details of either of these policies.
COMPLAINTS POLICY: Here at Past Productions we strive to hire the highest quality actors possible. However we are not able to enforce our policies whilst actors are on the road. If you have any concerns with any of our actors when they visit your school, please contact us using the phone number or e-mail address at the bottom of this page.
FEEDBACK POLICY: Past Productions encourages positive feedback and praise for anyone who works for our company. If you know of someone that you feel is worthy of praise please get in contact with us via telephone or email.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY: Past Productions encourages good practice when working with children. As part of our policy we encourage schools to have at least one staff member present for productions or workshops. We give all our actors and anyone in our company who may be working with children a copy of our child protection policy which is signed and kept on file, copies of which are available upon request.
In brief, Past Productions staff and actors will NEVER:
- be alone with any child;
- touch a child in any way that is deemed to be sexual or inappropriate;
- encourage any child to display any behaviour that could be classed as provocative, sexual or generally inappropriate;
- discriminate any child for any reason whatsoever;
- discourage any child from taking part in production or workshop activities;
- administer any first aid without consulting a teacher;
- engage in rough, or provocative games;
- make any sexually suggestive comments about or to a young person, EVEN in jest;
- engage in or take part in any scapegoating, ridiculing, or rejecting a child or young person.
Past Productions' actors will ALWAYS:
- encourage positivity and creativity during any production or workshop exercises;
- speak to children in an appropriate manner and encourage the use of historical language in the appropriate context;
- be attentive and try to engage the children in as many aspects as possible;
- be sensitive to what is appropriate and what is inappropriate with regards to physical contact with children and young people.